Supporting Your Child’s Mental Health:
A Support Group for Parents to Learn Therapeutic Interventions
- Does your child deal with anxiety, depression, OCD, eating disorders, or any mental health issue?
- Has your family been coping with grief, loss, or illness?
- Have you noticed your child struggling as a result of pandemic-related stress?
- Do you want to know more about how to protect your child’s mental health or be part of their recovery? Do you want to learn ways to build their resilience?
Why do this group, rather than individual therapy for your child or yourself?
- Parents play an essential role in protecting the emotional well-being of children and assisting in recovery from mental health challenges.
- This group is based on Emotion-Focused Family Therapy and provides parents with specific therapeutic strategies to support their loved ones and strengthen connections in family relationships.
- Parents deserve to be included in mental health interventions and receive support themselves!
When: Friday, November 19th and Friday, December 3rd.
- The group will run from 9:30 am to 3 pm each day, with a morning and lunchtime break.
- Provided over Zoom.
- You must have a strong internet connection and be in a private location in order to participate and benefit.
Cost: $550 per family (including up to two caregivers)
- Receipts for insurance purposes can be provided for Ontario-based participants. Please verify your coverage for “Social Work” with your insurance provider.
A maximum of 12 families will be participating. The group offers opportunities for participants to ask questions and join discussions but also welcomes participants who prefer to observe quietly. I strive to create a safe and supportive atmosphere for all caregivers.
For more information please contact:
Joanne Doucette, MSW, RSW