Autumn Family Grief Workshop at Yoga Attic
This special event is specifically for children, ages 8 to 13, who have experienced the death of a parent. We invite parents to also stay and benefit from the warm and welcoming spaces offered at this beautiful location.
Sunday, October 17th from 2-4 pm
1461 Erbmill Lane, Metcalfe, ON K0A 2P0
This retreat-style workshop aims to provide:
- Opportunities for children to connect with others and feel less alone in their grief.
- The support of “peer mentors”, former group participants age 12 and up, who will share their own stories and help run activities.
- Campfire and S’Mores!
- Option for parents to enjoy a gentle yoga class (proof of vaccination required to go indoors), with Tina, owner of Yoga Attic.
- Parents are also welcome to enjoy tea/ coffee on one of the patios.
The group will be divided into two smaller groups (based on age) for part of the workshop, each facilitated by experienced grief therapists.
The health and well-being of your families are a priority as we plan this event. The children and teens will be outside for the entire workshop, except to use the washroom if necessary. This unique venue was chosen because it offers extensive outdoor space, including waterproof patios so that we can remain outdoors. If there is an activity in which the children need to be in closer proximity to one another, we will ask the children to wear masks for that time period. We will also ask all families to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire before the workshop.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Cost: $150 per child (no cost for parents)
- Receipts for “Social Work Services” will be provided for insurance purposes.
- If there are financial barriers to your family participating, please let me know so we can discuss a reduced fee. We do not want any child to miss out due to cost.
For more information or to register, please send me an email expressing your interest:
Joanne Doucette, MSW, RSW